Medical Terminology is an important component to almost every healthcare career. The Education Fund offers both in-person and online courses. Browse the course descriptions below and click on “Register Now” to sign up for a class near you!
Introduction To Medical Terminology (3 Days)
With basic understanding of Medical Terminology, you will be able to communicate quickly and efficiently with other healthcare professionals. Learn the basic language used to describe the scientific names for body parts, conditions, processes and diseases. (This class is 3 days in total, 8 hours each day)
Upcoming Medical Terminology classes:
- Introduction to Medical Terminology – Thursday, March 5, 12, and 19, 2020 – 8:00am – 5:00pm – Sacramento
- Introduction to Medical Terminology – Fridays, March 13, 20, and 27, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Los Angeles
- Introduction to Medical Terminology – Fridays, March 20 and 27; April 3, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Milpitas
Spanish Medical Terminology (3 Days)
En este curso interactivo de 3 días, usted aprenderá terminología médica en español, incluyendo los nombres científicos de partes del cuerpo, afecciones, procesos y enfermedades, y tambien las reglas básicas sobre la interpretación en un lugar de atención médica. (3 días).
Medical Terminology Refresher (4 hours)
An abbreviated medical terminology update designed for healthcare workers who are looking to refine their skills/update their knowledge in preparation for a certification exam and or new position. Must have completed a full 3 day or 6 week med term class in the last 3 years.
Online Medical Terminology
Registration for Session 1 of 2020 is now open! Please click here to sign-up for your class. Thank you!
Online Medical Terminology is offered by Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health, and open to all Education Fund members. This is an introduction / refresher to the subject and designed for students who plan to take the course subject at a college level in the near future, or to be able to improve a person’s current work productivity and patient care experience.
Things you should know about these classes:
- This is a refresher course and is not eligible for college credit
- This class is self-paced; students work at their own pace in a 6-week period
- Course content is available 24/7 during scheduled class session.
- Certificates are available for completion
- Course materials can be accessed for one (1) year post completion
After completing this course, students will be able to: explain importance of medical terminology when documenting and communicating patient information; identify & analyze fundamental word structure of medical terminology; describe component parts, organization and structure of the human body; define common medical terms and abbreviations; and build and describe medical terminology as related to body structures, functions, systems and disorders.