Consumers are changing their expectations of healthcare providers, and Kaiser Permanente is leading the change in healthcare delivery. Kaiser Permanente has identified four Critical Skills to help prepare you to become part of the workforce of the future:
Key Course Features:
- Adaptive learning platform to adjust to your skill level
- Self-paced, online, and interactive program
- Certificate of completion
How to register:
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button below.
- Complete the registration fields with your name, NUID, and Employer ID
- Check your email for confirmation from RealizeIT Learning.
- IMPORTANT: Activate the course link within 24 hours. (You will have 30 days from activation to complete the course).
Need help with registration? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For Kaiser Permanente employees only*
Our commitment to provide healthcare access anywhere and the fast pace of technical innovation will continue to create new learning challenges for all healthcare workers – whether we work in a clinic, hospital, office, or in the field.
The Digital Fluency course is your first stop in a lifelong journey of building the core technical skills necessary to keep up in a changing workplace environment. Being “digitally fluent” means being able to adapt and embrace new technology at work at and home.
Who should enroll:
Digital Fluency is for all Kaiser Permanente employees, beginners and experts alike. No matter your comfort zone with using technology, this course will introduce you key changes happening at Kaiser Permanente and provide you with the tools to learn more.
Improve Your Digital Fluency With These Additional Resources
KP Learn also offers a variety of related classes, most of which are 1 hour long:
- Performing Basic Tasks in Word 2013
- Creating Workbooks, Worksheet, and Data in Excel 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Formulas and Functions
- Introduction to the PowerPoint 2016 Interface and Basic Tasks
- Creating and Populating a Database in Access 2013
- Getting Started with Visio 2010
- Using E-mail and Instant Messaging Effectively
- Sharing and Collaboration in Word 2013
Delivering excellent care requires employees to engage with members by listening, showing empathy, and communicating effectively. Patients are now able to “shop” around for healthcare more than ever before and Kaiser Permanente is shifting their focus to a consumer first approach.
The Consumer Focus course will introduce you trends in healthcare as well as your role in KP’s Experience Standards. Join the journey with thousands of others to learn what Consumers expect and how to be an active member of the KP community.
Who should enroll:
Consumer Focus is designed for every Kaiser Permanente employee. This course is a great opportunity for you to learn about how a consumer-first approach is changing the way Kaiser Permanente delivers care. This course will also provide additional resources to sharpen your skills.
Sharpen Your Consumer Focus With These Courses:
- Building Trust Incrementally
- Become a Great Listener
- Conquering Career Stagnation
- Forging Ahead with Perseverance and Resilience
- Emotional Intelligence: Building Self-Management Skills
- Using Communication Strategies to Bridge Cultural Divides
- Turning Problems Around with Reverse Brainstorming
- Leading Innovation
- Thinking Critically: Drawing Conclusions with Confidence
- Polishing Your Skills for Excellent Customer Service
The workforce of the future will require more collaboration between team members and increased communication on all fronts. By understanding diverse perspectives and backgrounds, we can all deliver higher quality care.
Coming later this year!
Critical thinking skills are essential to evaluating and implementing new practices. The pace of change will continue to speed up, and a keen eye for improving processes is essential.
Coming in 2019!