Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Are you required to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain your license or certificate, or do you want to obtain a new certification within your classification?
Earn your CEUs at no cost when you access classes from our website. Maintaining your license and/or certification is easy with our in-person and online class options. Available CEU courses are listed below by profession.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
New 2020 In-Person Classes Are Open For Registration!
We have several upcoming in-person classes for CNAs across California, where you will earn your continuing education credit(s) to maintain your license. In order to attend, you must be an eligible member of the Education Fund and have filled out the online application.
New classes will be added each month throughout the year! To register, please click the “Register Now” button below!
Greater Los Angeles / Southern California
- Culture of Safety (4 CEs) Safety, Activities and Restraints (4 CEs) – Thursday, February 13, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Los Angeles – *class full*
- Culture of Safety (4 CEs) Safety, Activities and Restraints (4 CEs) – Saturday, February 22, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Lancaster
- Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Care of the Elderly (4 CEs) Mental Health and Intellectual Disability (4 CEs) – Friday, February 28, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Irvine – *class full*
- Culture of Safety (4 CEs) Safety, Activities and Restraints (4 CEs) – Saturday, February 29, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Oceanside
- (CNA) Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Care of the Elderly (4 CEs) Mental Health and Intellectual Disability (4 CEs) – Tuesday, March 3, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – San Bernardino
- (CNA) Medical Terminology: Cancer, Radiology, Pharmacology, Psychology (4 CEs) Medical Terminology: Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Blood (CEs) – Saturday, March 14, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Los Angeles – *class full*
- Observing and Reporting Changes in Conditions (4 CEs) Pain: Reporting and Patient Considerations (4 CEs) – Tuesday, March 31, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Anaheim – *class full*
- Care for the Terminal Patient (4 CEs) Medical and Surgical Asepsis (4 CEs) – Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – 8:00am – 5:00pm – Camarillo
- Endocrine, Renal and Neurological Update (4 CEs) Therapeutic Techniques to Improve Patient Care* (4 CEs) – Thursday, April 23, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Los Angeles
- Men’s Health Issues and Common Vascular Disorders (8 CEs) – Monday, March 9, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Oakland
- Agencies, Nursing Process, The Person (4 CEs) Ethics, Laws and Patient Rights* (4 CEs) – Saturday, May 2, 2020 – 8:00am-5:00pm – Bakersfield
Online CEU Classes For CNAs:
CNAs, HHAs, PCTs: Through a partnership with CNA Zone, we now offer online CEUs for CNAs, HHAs and PCTs. Get started now.
On-Demand CEU Classes For CNAs:
Looking for a class that fits your schedule? Browse free in-person classes available in Northern California from our educational partners Adult School of Allied Health Educators and Project Heartbeat, or for Southern California with Key Medical Resources (view registration instructions).
Education Fund Classes:
To find a class hosted by the Education Fund click “Register Now” and create a user profile. Browse the available classes by category and book your seat within minutes!
Classes For Other Classifications
Online CEU Classes:
Imaging professionals, Respiratory Therapists, Nursing professionals, Social Workers and other classifications can browse the classes below and choose from the free, online classes available to you from the Education Fund and our partner CE Direct (view registration instructions).
The Education Fund currently hosts in-person classes for Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, and Social Workers.Browse course descriptions below by selecting your classification, and check out the available classes by clicking “Register Now” to create a user profile. Come back anytime to book your seat within minutes!
In partnership with the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), we now offer unlimited access to over 200 classes online! This menu expands well beyond the free titles offered with ASRT memberships. Open to Radiologic Technologists, CT Techs, MRI Techs, Sonographers, Nuclear Medicine Techs, Mammographers, etc.
Also, through a partnership with CE Direct, online CEU courses are now available 24/7 for you to take at your convenience! (see registration instructions).
Medical Coders (AHIMA & AAPC)
Gain instant access to an authoritative flow of information on privacy and security, coding, electronic health records, clinical documentation, health informatics, data analysis, reimbursement, compliance and other critical topics, through our partnership with the American Health Information Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Grow your expertise and career by viewing live, on-demand webinars. Access resources and surveys for pre-work webinars for the CCS and CCS-P Exam, Outpatient CDI and CHDA Exam. Get your CEU certificate upon completion of viewing the webinars.
For more information contact Skills Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
RN, LVN, LPN
Online CEU Classes
Through a partnership with CE Direct, online CEU courses are now available 24/7 for you to take at your convenience!
We also have dozens of PEARLS reviews available for FREE.View the registration instructions to access this content.
LPN IV Certification (Colorado)
These classes provide LPNs with an opportunity to expand their nursing roles by learning appropriate procedures for intravenous therapy and venous blood withdrawal. The course includes lecture, laboratory practice, and clinical experiences. The course prepares the student for IV certification under Colorado State Board of Nursing guidelines. Instructor: Virginia Buckley
All classes will be held in Denver over four consecutive Saturdays ( September 28 and October 5, 12, and 19, 2019) from 9am to 3pm at Emily Griffith Technical College (EGTC). Registration is required before attending, so please click the ‘Register’ button below if interested.
IV Refresher Course
Refine your skills and brush up on IV methodologies. Intravenous (IV) therapy is the process of putting fluids or medications into patients through a vein. Instructors demonstrate how to insert IVs into patients’ arms, how to connect IVs to machines such as volumetric pumps and analgesia devices controlled by the patient, and how to monitor peripheral and central lines. *Note: This class does not result in certification.*
Mental Health First Aid Training (for CA Kaiser Permanente employees only)
In this 8-hour, in-person course you will:
- Identify and understand the signs of mental illness and substance use disorders
- Learn how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.*
- Understand the prevalence of mental health disorders and the need for reduced stigma
- Promote the protective factors that can impact an individual’s health and recovery
- Apply a 5-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate evidence-based treatment and supports
- Identify and access professional and community resources available to support individuals
- This training is not designed for mental health clinicians with advanced training for individuals with mental illness (e.g. psychologists and licensed clinical social workers).
To apply, go to the registration page and select your region in California to find a class near you.
Online CEU Classes
CE Direct – Online, Anytime!
Through a partnership with CE Direct, online CEU courses are now available 24/7 for you to take at your convenience! To register, visit CE Direct. (see registration instructions)
Law and Ethics Online
This course aims to help Respiratory Therapists understand and apply professionalism as it relates to the delivery of healthcare,explore current legal and ethical issues integrating critical thinking skills, laws, and regulations to formulate effective decisions in the arena of Respiratory Care and approach ethical dilemmas particular to Respiratory Care Practitioners in a systematic, effective manner.
This course meets the requirements of law and professional ethics for Respiratory Care Practitioners set by the Respiratory Care Board of California for Continuing Education Units and is approved for 3 contact hours.
Legal and Ethical issues in Supervision
Get both your Legal & Ethical, and Supervision CEU requirements in one course! This class offers a rundown of the essentials in supervision including how to get started, adult learning styles, and making a supervision plan. It also covers BBS laws and regulations to fill your legal requirements. (6.0 Approved)
This interactive course will introduce participants to the spirit of Motivational Interviewing and its core skills. Participants will practice core communication skills, with a focus on high quality reflective listening and strategies for evoking change talk. Participants will be able to identify situations in their professional roles where clients are ambivalent about change, consider how they might bring in Motivational Interviewing, and explore options for continued skill development in the future (6.0 Approved).
ONLINE CEU CLASSES
Online courses are available for most job classifications! Through a partnership with CE Direct, online CEU courses are now available 24/7 for you to take at your convenience! (see registration instructions) Classes are available for all of the following classifications:
- Surgical Technologists
- Lab professionals
- Pharmacists & Pharm Techs
- Physical Therapists & PT Aides/Assistants
- Dietitians/Diet Techs
- Occupational Therapists/Assistants
- And more!