The STEP CORE program is our next level of support within the STEP program. STEP CORE is now available to members across all Education Fund regions (California, the Northwest, Colorado and Nevada).
- pays tuition, fees, and textbooks, every semester/quarter for Healthcare Training programs at Community Colleges;
- provides free online tutoring; and
- one-on-one counselling support.
Supported STEP CORE Programs include but are not limited to the following Community College programs:
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coder
- Surgical Tech
- Diagnostic Imaging: Rad Tech
- And more!
- Must work in a SEIU bargaining unit for which the employer makes an Education Fund contribution, have completed your initial probationary period and are a part-time or full-time employee eligible for benefits.
- Students must be accepted and enrolled in a Healthcare Training program at a Community College
Space is limited specific to regions: SoCal, NorCal, Colorado, Nevada, and Northwest.
STEP CORE is not for General Education or prerequisite courses. Please visit the traditional STEP program page for STEP program requirements and application cycle.
How do I apply?
Applications are open as of March 1, 2020.