STEP CORE for KP NorCal
The STEP CORE program is our next level of support within the STEP program for eligible members employed by Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
- pays tuition, fees, and textbooks, every semester/quarter for Healthcare Training programs at Community Colleges;
- provides free online tutoring; and
- one-on-one counselling support.
Supported STEP CORE Programs include but are not limited to the following Community College programs:
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coder
- Surgical Tech
- Diagnostic Imaging: Rad Tech
- And more!
- Must be employed by Kaiser Permanente Northern California, work in a SEIU bargaining unit for which the employer makes an Education Fund contribution, have completed your initial probationary period and are a part-time or full-time employee eligible for benefits.
- Students must be accepted and enrolled in a Healthcare Training program at a Community College
STEP CORE is not for General Education or prerequisite courses. Please visit the traditional STEP program page for STEP program requirements and application cycle.
How do I apply?
Applications are open from September 1, 2019 to November 15, 2019.