2019 STEP Accelerated Online Program for KP NorCal New Students
The STEP Accelerated Online Program offers additional education support for students employed by Kaiser Permanente NorCal. The classes offered through Coastline Community College Extended Learning Division are fast-paced, 100% online, general education classes.
This program can help you accelerate your completion of General Education courses in conjunction with taking in-person classes at local community colleges, to finish faster, quicker and be a successful student.
The STEP Accelerated Online Program includes:
- Tuition cost of approved courses (up to 2 courses in 2019).
- Required e-books for approved courses.
- Academic and career counseling support from an Education Fund Career Counselor.
- Employed by Kaiser Permanente Northern California, work in a SEIU bargaining unit for which the employer makes an Education Fund contribution, have completed your initial probationary period and are a part-time or full-time employee eligible for benefits.
- Must have a Student Education Plan (SEP) from your local Community College or request a SEP from Coastline College Extended Learning Division.
- Must have received an A or B in a 100% college-level online class of 3 units or more in the past 2 years (Must be uploaded as proof within Application). Or you plan to take the Online Success Class though Coastline “EDUC 108 How to Succeed in Distance Learning”.
- Must only be taking GE (General Education) Courses required for your degree or certification.
2019 Step Accelerated Application Process for New Students
- Apply Online & upload a (SEP) Student Education Plan if you have one.
- Receive “Provisional Acceptance Email” within 10 days of applying.
- Watch Online Orientation & Complete Student Guidelines.
- Receive “Final Acceptance Email” from Coastline College.
- Request an unofficial Student Education Plan if you didn’t already submit one before starting the Coastline Registration process.
What is a (SEP) Student Education Plan?
A (SEP) Student Education Plan is created by a college adviser and outlines a suggested course of study for the individual student based on major, transfer plans and sequence of courses.
How do I get a (SEP) Student Education Plan?
If you don’t have a SEP you can request an unofficial one through Coastline after your apply and received your final acceptance email. .
Why do I need a (SEP) Student Education Plan to apply?
We want to make sure that you are getting the best value from these online GE classes. We want to make sure you are taking the classes you need and are on the right path.