LICENSE & CERTIFICATION
License & Certification (L&C) provides financial support to those seeking a specialty license or certification in their current field of work. Before submitting an application for reimbursement, please read below. Call us at 888.872.4606 with any additional questions.
WHAT LICENSE(S) OR CERTIFICATIONS ARE REIMBURSABLE?
Here are some common licenses and certifications we support. (This is not a comprehensive list):
- Surgical & Anesthesia Tech: Currently employed in the role, but not yet certified.
- Imaging: ARRT-CT, ARRT-MR, ARRT-Mammography, Sonography – specialty exams for RDMS, RDCS, RVT & RMSKS.
- Respiratory: RRT (if currently working as CRT), Adult Critical Care, Pulmonary Function (CPFT), and NPS.
- Registered Nurse: CRRN, CPN, OCN, and CCRN.
- LVN: IV certification
- Ophthalmology (for those already working in the field): COA and COT.
- Coders: CCS.
- Sterile Processing: CSPDT or CRSCT.
- Electroneurodiagnostic Techs: EEG, EP, CNIM, CLTM, and CAP.
To discover if review courses are available for your classification, visit our CEUs page.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR L&C?
Employees must meet the following requirements:
- Work for a contributing employer (see list here)
- Be a member of a bargaining unit whose contract includes Education Fund Benefits.
- Be seeking a specialty license or certification. (Entrance exams or renewals are not supported).
- Have completed your initial probationary period.
- Have taken the license or certification exam within the last 90 days.
- Submit required paperwork with receipts included in the original application.
- Non-benefitted employees must have worked in their position six months or longer.
WHAT IS REIMBURSABLE THROUGH L&C?
- Review course and materials if taken within six (6) months of the exam.
- Exam fees.
- Maximum of $1,000 per license or certification type.
- Maximum of one reimbursement per license or certification type.
WHAT IS NOT REIMBURSABLE THROUGH L&C?
- Re-certifications or renewals.
- Membership fees or dues.
- Travel, food, and/or lodging.
- License or certification which is required to enter a field (ex. NCLEX, TEAS, or other entrance exams).
- Review course or materials dated more than six (6) months prior to the exam date.
- Any reimbursement for an exam or license which has previously been reimbursed by the Education Fund.
- Any expenses greater than $1,000 per license or certification type.
HOW DO I GET REIMBURSED?
Complete the online application within 90 days of the exam. Application must be completely filled out and submitted electronically. Once your application is submitted you will receive an email within 3-5 business days with a reimbursement form and required list of items for submission.
Note: Any documents submitted without the reimbursement form will not be considered. You must submit all documents and the reimbursement form together as one package.
For questions regarding the application process please call us at (888) 872-8606.
I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION ONLINE AS WELL AS ALL MY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Check the email you listed on your application for a response. Incomplete applications will be returned via email, and you will need to resubmit.
- Once all documents have been received, you will receive an email confirmation within ten (10) business days indicating your application is being reviewed.
- From the date of your confirmation email you can expect to get a final decision about reimbursement within thirty (30) days. Final decisions will be communicated via email, so please be sure to check your SPAM folder if you don’t hear back within this time frame.
- After 30 days, if you have not been notified of your application status, please email L&C at email@example.com.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW IF I AM GETTING A PAY INCREASE?
The Education Fund strives to provide programs which enhance the life and career of our particiapnts. One of the ways we can measure impact is to see if those we support were able to make more money as a result of the license or certification they received. We also ask if there are other work incentives for you to obtain the license or certification such as job advancement, job security, transferability, job retention, etc. We want to know why L&C is an important program to keep around, and by providing this information you are helping us understand all the ways that obtaining additional licenses or certifications is of value to you as a health professional.