Who is eligible?
- Full and part-time benefitted members that have completed probation, with lay-off or redeployment documentation from their employer.
- The rebidding/bumping process must be complete BEFORE training commences.
- Members must enroll in the Job-to-Job program within 60 days of notification of lay-off.
- Members who accept a severance package may no longer be eligible for Job-to-Job Benefits. Please discuss with an Ed Fund Career Counselor.
Who is not eligible?
- Non-benefitted members
- Currently on unpaid leave. (Administrative, Disability, Maternity, etc.)
- Members who obtain a new position that is permanent AND benefitted, AND the base wage is: equal to or greater than previous salary OR if new position pays less than previous position wage/ salary, it cannot be less than 5% of previous wage/salary.
Job-To-Job Training Options
Eligible RIF members can receive financial support for short-term and in-demand training programs. Types of financial support available:
OPTION 1: The member may be reimbursed for attending an accredited training program. Up to 500 hours may be reimbursed and these payments may affect Unemployment Benefits
OPTION 2: The member may be reimbursed (up to $5000) for tuition, books, and fees for an accredited training program.
The Education Fund may offer customized training to a group of RIF members. These short-term classes can assist those with the skills and training needed to obtain a new position/classification.
If you are an affected employee: