AYC (ADVANCE YOUR CAREER) PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE AYC PROGRAM?
AYC is a reimbursement program that provides financial assistance to employees who want to move up the healthcare career ladder.
AYC reimburses up to $5,250 (per program) towards tuition, mandatory student fees, required textbooks and license or certification exams. AYC participants pay these costs up front or make financial arrangements with their education/training program.
Check back in December for information on the 2019 application cycles.
* Note: No applications will be accepted after the application period has closed.
You are eligible to apply for AYC if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an employee represented by an SEIU bargaining unit.
- You have completed your probationary period.
- You are full-time or part-time and benefited, working 20+ hours per week; OR you are a non-benefited employee and your training program is less than forty (40) hours.
- You are enrolled in an academic degree or training program at an accredited community college, 4-year college or university, a private career college, a regional occupational center or at another technical training/degree granting institution.
- Your classes are offered either on-site or online (self-paced programs are not supported).
- You are currently enrolled or will be enrolled (or starting classes) in an academic degree or training program at an accredited institution by a date to be determined for 2019. PLEASE NOTE: If you are still completing prerequisite classes you are not eligible for this program.
NOTE: As of January 2019, we will no longer accept applications from students that have completed their program as of September 2018 or later.
- You must start submitting requests for reimbursements (receipts) upon acceptance.
If you are currently enrolled or will be enroll in an academic degree or training program submit one of the following:
- A letter from your educational institution OR
- A copy of the signed enrollment agreement or contract from your educational institution OR
- A degree audit
The verification document must include (PLEASE NOTE: documents that do not include the following information will not be accepted):
- Your name
- School name
- Program you are completing
- Start date – the date you started your program
- End date (including externships, internships and clinical dates) – the date you will graduating or completing your training – these dates must match the dates listed on your application.
Please do not submit the following: Class schedules, syllabus, calendars, or invoices (these documents will not be accepted as proof of program start and end dates.)
Download/view a PDF of Frequently Asked Questions and their answers.