AYC (ADVANCE YOUR CAREER) PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE AYC PROGRAM?
AYC is a reimbursement program that provides financial assistance to employees who want to move up the healthcare career ladder.
AYC reimburses up to $5,250 (per program) towards tuition, mandatory student fees, required textbooks and license or certification exams. AYC participants pay these costs up front or make financial arrangements with their education/training program.
AYC applications for 2018*:
Winter: February 1 – February 28, 2018
Spring/Summer: June 1 – June 30, 2018
Fall: September 1 – September 30, 2018
* Note: No applications will be accepted after the application periods have closed.
You are eligible to apply for AYC if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an employee represented by an SEIU bargaining unit.
- You have completed your probationary period.
- You are full-time or part-time and benefited, working 20+ hours per week; OR you are a non-benefited employee and your training program is less than forty (40) hours.
- You are enrolled in an academic degree or training program at an accredited community college, 4-year college or university, a private career college, a regional occupational center or at another technical training/degree granting institution.
- Your classes are offered either on-site or online (self-paced programs are not supported).
- You are currently enrolled or will enroll in an academic degree or training program by May 31, 2018 and you will complete your program as of June 30, 2019 OR you completed your program between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018
If you are currently enrolled or will be enroll in an academic degree or training program submit one of the following:
- A letter from your educational institution verifying your start and end dates OR
- A copy of an official degree audit that includes your start and end dates OR
- A copy of the signed enrollment agreement or contract from your educational institution that verifies your start and end date.
If you have already completed your program, submit one of the following:
- A transcript with the completion date and degree posted OR
- A copy of a certificate with the completion date OR
- A copy of a diploma with the completion date.
Download/view a PDF of Frequently Asked Questions.